Saying that online gaming is popular would be a massive understatement. According to data from 2023, 3.09 billion people are active gamers. That’s about half of Earth’s population!
You can enjoy video games on consoles, computers, smartphones, tablets, and virtual reality headsets. No matter how you play, online communities can make your gaming experience even better.
In this post, you’ll learn why people join online gaming communities. We’ll also cover how to choose the right groups and which games have the most popular followings.
Why Do People Join Online Gaming Communities?
If you’re new to online communities, you might be unsure if they’re right for you. However, these groups have more benefits than you may think.
Every gamer knows there’s no challenge like taking on another player. If you’re blowing through computer-based competition and single-player modes, online gaming communities can help you step-up your skills. Many professional gamers get this type of practice by playing video games with their esports teammates.
Making New Friends
Some of the longest and closest relationships can come from online gaming. A recent Reddit post shows a wholesome video of two people meeting in-person after gaming online together for four years. One great way to begin forming these close friendships is by taking part in a gaming community.
New Gaming Experiences
Typically, people play video games they enjoy and then find communities within them. But that doesn’t have to be the case. Some gamers start playing games because of the community experience these titles offer.
Learning Little-Known Secrets
Victory in video games is easier than usual when you know secrets and strategies. Fortunately, online gaming communities are great places to go for help. These groups can give you tips and items to defeat a tough boss, level up, etc.
Finding Online Gaming Communities
Before enjoying online gaming communities, you have to find them. Here are the main ways to find your new cliques.
- Playing games with online modes: You can find gaming communities and teams by firing up your favorite online-enabled game. We recommend finding games with high player bases, meaning the number of people currently playing a game. Unpopular or old games can struggle with having active online players.
- Reddit: Reddit lets people upvote and downvote content through groups called subreddits. With over 3 million subreddits, you’re sure to find one dedicated to your favorite games.
- Other online forums: Search Google for the online games you enjoy playing. You should uncover forum websites. Join these forums to introduce yourself, and you can quickly find groups to join.
- Discord: A newer but incredibly popular home for online communities is Discord. Discord groups its communities into servers. Users can communicate through video chatting, text messaging, voice calls, and media sharing.
Choosing What Gaming Community to Join
With so many gaming communities online, you’ll need to narrow down your options. If you need help choosing an online gaming group to join, consider these factors:
- What you own: First, consider the consoles and games you own. You may already have what’s necessary to join thriving online communities.
- What you like: You’ll usually have the most enjoyable experience with online gaming by playing game genres and titles you enjoy.
- Playing professionally or as a hobby: Some gamers want to become the best. Others just want to have a good time. Your motivations as a gamer can help you choose the right community.
- A helpful community: Most people also want to be in a group of nice people. Don’t stick around any groups that make you feel uncomfortable or upset.
Games With Notable Online Gaming Communities
Joining an online gaming community means playing games with active players. Some of the most popular genres for online gaming include first-person shooters (FPS), fighting, sports, and massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs). That’s not to say these genres are the only ones with active communities. But they’re great places to start finding gaming groups.
Here’s a list of incredibly popular online games:
- League of Legends
- Apex Legends
- Call of Duty Warzone 2
Kratom and Gaming: The Perfect Combo
If you want to take your gaming to the next level, kratom could be the answer. This natural plant-based energy is available in powder, capsules, edibles, and liquid forms. Here’s how different types of kratom can enhance your gaming experience.
- White vein kratom: White vein kratom may help enhance your focus. Being able to concentrate helps you get through a difficult platform game or take on the toughest competition online.
- Red vein kratom: Online gaming can get intense. If you feel energized after a long gaming session but have things to do the next day, you may want to lean toward the relaxing quality of red vein kratom.
- Green vein kratom: Somewhere between white and red vein kratom is green vein varieties. People consuming green vein kratom enjoy its balanced effects.
- Kratom shots and gummies: If you’re ready to log on and start gaming, these kratom extract products tend to be faster-acting than the raw leaf powder. Just be sure to know and measure out your serving size, especially if you’re new to concentrated kratom extracts.
Joining online gaming communities helps you connect with people worldwide, potentially creating life-long friendships. These groups can also help improve your gaming skills.
Howarth, J. “How Many Gamers Are There? (New 2023 Statistics)” Exploding Topics. Published August 2023.
Dean, B. “Reddit User and Growth Stats (Updated March 2023)” Backlinko. Last Updated, March 2023.